Monday, July 13, 2009

My 50 Year Old Baby Update

As promised here are few pictures of the house renovation. Just a few though because truthfully, she's only had a partial facelift. Today I'll share with you some of the details we added or updated. Only details because showing you the whole thing right now would be like posting pictures of my bedroom with the bed not made dirty laundry lying around. :)

I love my new 50 year old red oak floors on the second floor that went from old, dirty and down right disgusting...



to a gorgeous coffee walnut finish. They look much lighter in this picture because of the sun.




Our new door hardware and raised panel doors. I love the egg shape handles that are solid forged brass and heavy. I got them for a steal at Tuesday Morning! These may not seem like a big deal, but if you saw the original old, worn, silver/brown/brass hardware circa 1970 you'd be excited too. We ended up replacing all the doors which was not originally planned. After a brief attempt at refinishing and painting the old doors we knew it was going to be an arduous task no one wanted to tackle.



I also love our glass doorknobs on the second floor linen closet. They are gorgeous and only $7 each at Home Depot. Definately cheap on the chic!



My gorgeous chandelier in my studio! We added the medallion and crown molding. The ceiling is painted blue and I had planned to change it, but after some new color on the walls and better lighting it ended up looking beautiful.


Our paint colors which I am crazy about. Walls are Elmira White from Benjamin Moore


Our master bedroom is Wedgewood Gray from Benjamin Moore.



All the moldings are painted Bennington gray also from Benjamin Moore and it's actually two shades darker then the walls on the color card.



The color of my husband's study Pewter Green from Sherwin Williams. A gorgeous gray green color suggested to me by a friend and she was dead on! Thank you Amanda! By the way, this sample below does not do this color justice.



And last but most certainly not least, the best new addition to the house my beautiful daughter. She was helping us sort the new flowers we got for the backyard.




That's all for now. I'll post more home photos later.

No comments: