Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Theme Room Done to Perfection- HGTV Dream Home

A new year brings a new HGTV Dream Home and naturally I love to cruise the online tour and soak up all the design details. I was especially excited to see that this year they did a child's room with a theme. A Toy Story theme, but done in a childish-sophisticated manner (now that’s an oxymoron) so it's not in-your-face over-the-top Disney. I can appreciate a child's room decorated with a specific theme in mind, but always with subtle details.

Notice how if you just remove the toys the theme is gone and the room is still a perfectly designed room that will grow with the child.  Nothing else needs to change, nuetral elegant bedding, bright and cheerful walls and simple window treatments.



The bed and bedding is my favorite part of the room.  Orange, turquoise and white bedding with just a touch of black. By the way, this is my favorite way to dress a child's bed with pillows.  Euro Sham in the back helps to anchor the bedding, standard sham and then the accent pillow for that little pop of color in a fun pattern.



















To take a virtural tour of this room click here.

1 comment:

The Davison Daily said...

I absolutely love this room. Let's keep this in mind when I get ready for Will's big boy room.