Friday, January 29, 2010

Oh by the way...

While I was on my Twilight sabatical from my blog I also ran the Houston Half Marathon on Sunday, January 17.  That's right 13.1 miles and it was awesome!  This was my second year in a row to run the event and it's always a blast.  Here are a few pics from this year. 


This year I ran with my friend Christ Stout and it was so much fun to have a buddy along for ride.  We were so happy to see our family cheering us on.


This picture cracks me up.  It looks like we are walking, but we are actually running.  Last year I ran in shorts and froze my but off.  Yes I was actually freezing when I was running 13.1 miles!  This year I went for the pants. 


Here we are passing the family at mile 9 and looking strong.


We finished strong running the entire distance in 2 hours and 27 minutes, not too bad.  That's 9 minutes shaved off last year's time for me.


And here's a link to my race day photos via Brightroom Event Photography.  Enjoy!

2 comments:

Christie Chase said...

wow! Congrats!

Tara said...

I came across your blog while checking out Mel's and that's so fabulous that you ran! I ran the half marathon in my early 20's three years in a row and am now training to run next year's full marathon! Figured I'll be 40 next year so it's time. :) Tara