Monday, September 28, 2009

Chalked Full of Fun

Our new home has a recreation room on the second floor that we have reserved for movie nights and our daughter.  We have carved out a little nook just for her and we're slowly adding fun details.  Today I am sharing the easy DIY chalkboard I made for the space.

I started with an open frame I bought at Aaron Brothers during their penny sale, which I blogged about here.  Then I headed to my local hardware store for a thin piece of MDF type board that I rolled with Rustoleum's Chalkboard paint.  I primed the MDF board first to insure the finish would last longer and a sponge roller gave it a smooth finish.

After about 20 minutes it was dry and we secured it to the frame and mounted it on the wall.  I had an extra shelf tucked away in a closest that I used for a chalk ledge and whao la!  She loves it and so do I.  By the way, notice her pom chandelier?  So cute!



Here is the paint I used.



But later I found this!  Hudson's colored chalkboard paint available in a rainbow of colors.  I wish I had seen this first.  I am going to use this in my kitchen, I love it!



No comments: