Friday, August 14, 2009

Chocolately Peanut Buttery Goodness!



Sunday is my husband’s 45th birthday so tonight we baked cupcakes and a whole cake for the special occasion. Below is the recipe for the most decadent and delicious cake you'll ever make at home.

Think Reese’s Peanut Buttercup transformed into a cake. Delicious right? I can feel my hips growing as I am writing this post.

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake (Split this recipe in half if you are going to bake cupcakes)
2 boxes of Duncan Hines Super Moist Triple Chocolate Fudge cake mix
2 containers of Duncan Hines Creamy Home Style Vanilla Frosting
1 cup creamy peanut butter
20 Reese’s mini peanut butter cups

Bake the cake as directed on the box and let it cool for at least an hour before frosting. In a mixing bowl combine vanilla frosting and peanut butter until it is creamy smooth. Frost cake in between layers and top only and cut up mini peanut butter cups to decorate the top. Serve with vanilla ice cream and enjoy!

It's that simple. You don't even have to know how to bake (lord knows I don't).

1 comment:

melifaif said...

Holy Cakes!!!! I am on this one. And I am positive this one will be on ME in no time...hips don't lie, right?