Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Pink and Blue-I Love You!

I have mentioned before we are buying a house and I’ve been giving some thought to my daughter’s big girl room. You may remember the room design in an earlier post here. We won’t be updating the nursery until the end of year, but I’m a planner. I like to muse over things for a while and figure out different ways to deconstruct or redesign them. Below are just a few things I’d like to see in her pink and navy room. Of course…I’ve only just begun to scratch the surface.

I want a tole chandelier and plan to paint it a bold pink color. I found these two at
www.greatchandelier.com and they aren’t true tole but close. Truthfully I am hoping to score an eBay bargain but currently nothing listed is striking my fancy.



I’d also love to have one of these dress forms just because they are so fun! Let’s hope www.PBTeen.com keeps them in stock through the end of the year. I am also drawn to this oversized pom pom fringe pillow (white) and it's eco-friendly.



And last, one of my current obsessions is Janet Hill Studio. She’s a Canadian Etsy.com artist that captures everyday settings and beautiful accessories and transforms them into gorgeous oil paintings. I currently own three of her pieces that I plan to hang in my studio. She also reproduces her work into inexpensive and beautiful prints for framing. I love the idea of a few in my daughter’s room. Maybe these…






And if my husband has any say in the matter, there will be one of these. Of course I have veto power.



No comments: