Sunday, May 8, 2011
iPad for Mommy
Happy Mother's Day to you all! I hope your weekend was filled with love and relaxation. We had a great weekend, half was a bit hectic, but the other half was extremely low key.
For mother's day we didn't do much, just a wonderful brunch and a lazy Sunday. I did however receive a very fun present from the family. I must admit the gift was personally requested, but with good intentions in mind. The hubs and my munchkin gave me a new iPad2.
You see I typically don't request presents for such occasions as Valentine’s Day, Mother's Day, birthdays, etc. I always feel so silly asking for anything when it's always the thought that counts. But this go around I have life changing motivations that caused me to be so bold. So, very casually one day I just happened to mention that if my husband was wondering what to get me for mother's day an iPad2 would be greatly appreciated.
Naturally my electronic request received no pushback. Anything, fun, cool and electronic is always a great investment according to my husband. I wonder if an expensive designer handbag would have received the same welcome. I think not.
When I made my bold request I also included a list of Top 10 Reasons I need an iPad2. I use the word need loosely, because do we really need any of the material things we have? No. So here they are…
1. I am about to take maternity leave in 7 weeks and an iPad would be very handy during nursing time.
2. My husband and I can stop fighting over the laptop. Although I presume we’ll probably argue over the iPad too.
3. My four year old has been requesting an iTouch and she is not getting a new iTouch any time soon. Hopefully monitored playtime with the iPad will appease her.
4. We don’t have a TV in our vehicles, so this will provide hours of entertainment for my children during long road trips.
5. It will also come in handy during doctor’s visits and even at restaurants with my daughter. I don’t normally condone computers, TVs or video games during such times, but sometimes you just want them to be still and quiet.
6. When my husband and I travel we can Scype the kids and see their beautiful faces when we get homesick.
7. When my daughter starts pre-K next year she will have computer lab time, including working with ipads. Yes they already have ipads in schools. This will at least give her some advance practice.
8. I can also use the iPad for work! It will come in handy during client meetings.
9. Welcome to the twenty-first century Walton family. We don’t own iPhones or Apple computers. Even the grandparents have iPhones.
10. I am hoping with the convenience of the iPad I will post more to this blog. Lucky you (I say with great sarcasm.)!
P.S. I also got the new orange Smart cover. I really wanted the pink, but I decided it’s probably best to not emasculate my husband masculinity when he’s using it in public. I am such a thoughtful wife.